Mary E. Kindelt’s practice focuses on civil litigation and commercial transactions. Ms. Kindelt has experience in all phases of litigation, ranging from discovery, depositions, expert witness retention, expert witness preparation, mediation, motions practice and trial. She is experienced in resolving ownership disputes in limited liability companies and corporations, commercial real estate litigation, commercial bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, and general commercial litigation. In addition, she handles commercial transactions including Uniform Commercial Code matters and business formations. She has also represented large manufacturing defendants in products liability lawsuits throughout the region. Ms. Kindelt has obtained an ‘AV’ rating from Martindale-Hubbell for ethical standards and legal ability, as determined by her peers and clients.
While in law school, Ms. Kindelt earned several awards including a CALI “Excellence for the Future” top paper award in Secured Transactions and worked as a research assistant for a leading national professor of contracts, Charles Knapp. She was an inaugural member of the Hastings Business Law Journal and chaired the Inter-Journal Writing Competition for all first year law students. Ms. Kindelt worked in state government and government relations in California before attending law school and was a member of the Jesse M. Unruh Assembly Fellowship Program with the California State Assembly. She is a native Tulsan.
Ms. Kindelt received her Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance and Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish in 2002 from the University of San Diego. Ms. Kindelt received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2007.
Ms. Kindelt is fluent in Spanish and has lived and studied in Mexico and Spain.
Areas of Practice:
- General Commercial Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Insurance Litigation
- Personal Injury Defense
- Commercial Transactions
- Election and Voting Rights Law
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2007
- Hastings Business Law Journal, Inaugural Member
- University of San Diego, 2002 (Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, honors program graduate)
Honors and Awards:
- ‘AV’ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- Oklahoma, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Board of Trustees for the Oklahoma Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 2008-2010